Crêpes stuffed with fromage blanc and maple syrup are topped with stewed blueberries, strawberries, and peaches at Heartbeet Lifesharing, a community for developmentally disabled adults in Hardwick, Vermont.
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- 5 peaches, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1″ wedges
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups fromage blanc
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped into stiff peaks
1. Simmer blueberries, strawberries, sugar, ¼ tsp. salt, and peaches in a 4-qt. saucepan until blueberries begin to burst, about 15 minutes; let cool.
2. Whisk flour, confectioners’ sugar, and baking powder in a bowl. Whisk 1 tsp. salt, milk, yogurt, melted butter, vanilla, and eggs in another bowl. Whisk dry ingredients into wet to make a smooth batter. Heat a 12″ nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, pour about ⅓ cup batter into skillet, tilting skillet to let batter cover bottom completely. Cook until crêpe is lightly browned on the bottom, 1–2 minutes. Flip and cook 1 minute more; transfer to a plate.
3. Whisk remaining salt, the fromage blanc, sour cream, and maple syrup in a bowl. Spread crêpes with about 3 tbsp. each the fromage blanc and berry mixtures; roll. Garnish with whipped cream and remaining fruit.